Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Some Days are Diamonds, Some days are Stone

This is going to be a totally random blog, with random thoughts. Here it goes:

I feel like I've just come out of a very dark hole. Olivia and I were sick for one month. No exaggeration; a whole month! I still have a hacking cough every hour or so, but I'm feeling so much better, and so is the little one. We are so grateful to be feeling better. Last week was really like a blur, a very lonely blur. We were sick, it was rainy, I didn't get to exercise or even go out really all week long, because Olivia was too sick. Jaron worked some long hours, I was feeling lonely for my family and friends, and feeling quite sorry for myself.

Today the sun came out all morning long. I woke up feeling great. And Olivia and I went for a lovely bike ride to Jaron's work. Jaron didn't have to work so late tonight, and we are all feeling healthy again. I'm so grateful to have a healthy baby and a healthy body again. I don't think I have ever been that sick in my life!

Here are a few pictures for you:
By the way. I dyed my hair. I was just having one of those weeks where I felt like a little change. It almost looks the same, just a little darker. Whada ya think?

14 comments:

Elise said...

Jess, the hair looks gorgeous! It is getting longer, too! And those were cute pictures of Liv. I love how her room is decorated. Poor Everett doesn't have any cute decorations, but he probably doesn't care because he is a boy. I am sorry you were so sick. Not fun at all. It is nice that you are over it!

Kelly said...

I'm going to kill you for coloring your hair!!! Not that it doesn't still look great (in that slightly blurry picture) but, sweetie, you DON'T mess with perfection! And your hair is perfect. It's something I work really hard to not be envious of!

Little Diaper Head looks very cute, by the way. Her room looks like a good size.

Oh, and don't long hours stink! Take every bike ride you can!
xoxoxo

Debbie said...

Jess, you hair is lovely as are you. I am so sorry you have been sick and that Olivia has--mostly that Olivia has been sick because that means you have to work double. Soon you will find friends and things to do that will make your new place seem like home. It is lonely leaving family and living where you don't have that support, but it is fun too. I love you guys like crazy.

About Me said...

Jess, glad you are better! That is awful! I have always liked your hair-but I really like it as dark as it is-remember nothing is permanent if you don't end up liking it! :)

David Paxman said...

Jess,
What did I tell you about dying your hair. I think the votes are in. Don't dye it. It looks good, but I agree with Kelly, don't mess with perfection, you just might end up with purple or green hair.

Olivia and her room look so cute.
Love,
Utah Mom

Natalie Sue said...

I'm so sorry you have been so sick! That is not fun in the first place, but definately not fun when you feel alone too. So sad. I'm glad you are feeling better though! Spring and summer are coming! Those pictures are so cute too. And I love your hair. It's always gorgeous!

Chad and Sara said...

I am so glad you 2 are feeling better. A sunny day always seem to help me feel better. Your hair grows so fast and is so beautiful! Miss you guys and keep feeling better.

Natalie said...

Jess, it is hard being so sick and having to take care of other sick family members! I'm glad you're feeling better and that you had some beautiful sunshine. The best is yet to come!

ashley said...

sorry you guys were feeling junk for so long, but glad to hear you are getting better!
olivia's room is super cute. and who doesn't love a baby with a swim diaper on it's head???

Rachael said...

Oh, I'm jealous - your bike ride looks wonderful - you and little Olivia strapped on and ready to go. Wish I could do that but 3 kids is kind of tough to pull - so enjoy the moments now! :)

Brooke said...

Great update that fulfilled my need for new pictures of Olivia. Now it's time for more. She's so darling. I'm so sorry you've all been sick. Trust me I know (you know that I know) and it's the worst.

PS - Counting the days till you come!!

Caroline said...

I love the dark hair - but I'm a sucker for brunettes!
This post made me sad we don't live near each other and can entertain each other at these moments.

Molly Malia said...

o.g.'s room is so cute!
and i love your hair, but then again your hair always has looked great no matter what you do!

the Harris Family said...

Jessica,
I found your blog thru Paige's. It is so neat to read about what you guys are up to. I love the new photos and your new hair! So classy! And I love Olivia's bedding -- and can you believe that I got the same one for Maddie - only I haven't quite got it out of its packaging. OK...I have to say - great taste. :)!!!