So for the last month Olivia has been showing signs that she was ready to be potty trained (i.e. hiding behind the couch or other objects to go to the bathroom, saying BUM! as soon as she had gone and running to get a clean diaper). Anyway then I watched this show on potty training your children early, and how its good for them, its good for the parents, and its especially good for the environment. I don't know if its living in Seattle, or just having the desire to be a better person, but I have been trying to be more environmentally conscious lately. Just in little ways, like recycling, and using paper bags at the grocery store instead of plastic, and attempting to potty train my baby a little earlier. Dun dun dun. . .
Two things, she's not ready, and even if she was I QUIT!
Do you have any advice for me, you mothers of successfully potty trained children? Was I just jumping the gun??
5 comments:
Jess, DON'T RUSH IT!!!!!!!!! Lily was the hardest kid to potty train! Not that Olivia will be, because I know a lot of kids her age that were potty trained by 2 1/2 but that wasn't her. I pressured her into because I didn't want to have 2 kids in diapers, but you know what, its okay to have 2 in diapers. Lily is a pro now, but honestly, it took a good year for her to grasp it and I think its because I started her way too early and then her brother came a long...don't stress! I would honestly wait until after her sib comes along...thats just my opinion though! You know your daughter the best! :) Good luck!!!! Glad its over for me...well with Lily anyway
My advice is WAIT! She's not even two! I tried once with Lexi for a day or two, and it was a disaster. I decided to wait a few months until she was 2 1/2 and on my 2nd attempt she totally caught on and it was pretty fast and easy. Oh, and princess panties were a major incentive for her!
i'm reading a book right now about potty training and it says a lot of kids aren't ready until they're closer to 3, so please know there's no pressure. you do know liv the best, and if you feel like there's enough time before baby 2 comes, cool. but also know she might back track a little after the sib comes and that's totally normal. we're getting closer to training jane--i'll let you know how it goes.
Once you start, don't stop. But seeing as how she's not even 2 yet, give her a little while. So when you start again, don't give up. And don't worry about the environment. There is no global warming and disposable diapers are the best invention ever!
You're doing this before she is 2??? And right before you have a baby??? Call Natalie - she has all the articles you need on this.
Jess - PLEASE dont buy into the global warming craze. You'll only make your dear cousin Rae want to offset all your efforts by producing MORE carbon and increasing her footprint as much as possible. Sigh! Whatever you do - dont be one of those wacko people and consider buying a carbon credit.
Post a Comment