Olivia had her book 1 recital a few weeks ago. She worked so hard on it. With a little help from me, she wrote a story that incorporated all of the songs from Suzuki book one and then played them all by memory at her recital. It was about 25 minutes of playing and story telling and she really did amazing. I was so proud of her. She had a room full of people that loved her and who support her. Olivia was so happy to perform. She didn't look scared at all. She even shushed Warner in the middle of one of her songs and corrected me on the narration of one part of the story. It was so cute. She has worked hard for a little five year old and after the recital was all over I said "Olivia, are you glad you play the violin?" and she smiled and said "Yea Mom. I love it." So proud. So proud. Way to go to our little now - 6 year old.
The video was 25 minutes long, so I put some highlights together to make a short video for those who are interested.
Here it is.
I thought I would share this one too, because I think it's funny. This is Jaron doing a cam check before the performance.
2 comments:
Oh, Olivia! I feel like the proudest aunt in the whole wide world. Thank you for working SO hard on violin. It has really paid off. I wish, wish, wish on a million stars that I could have been with you on the night of your Book One recital, but I was thinking of you. I love you so much and miss you! Love, Aunt Kell
Olivia! Such a beautiful job! It made me cry as I watched and realized this little 6 yr old can memorize and play so beautifully! Great job Jess, I know you practice and help her so much.
Post a Comment