I'm drivin the wheel. . .I'm drivin the wheel. I'm drivin the wheel. Sorry Dora moment.
We had a fun day today taking this boat for a test spin before Jaron takes it out in the field on Wednesday to do some work on the Cedar river.
We drove it from Culon all the way around Mercer Island and back.
Wow the houses some people live in. I kept wondering who lives in them. I like to tell myself, that "those people" are probably too busy working crazy hours to enjoy their houses or their families, but the truth is they're probably just Microsoft retiree's, who are 40 years old, running non profit organization's to help better the world, all the while living the dream in their 20 million dollar home. Not that I think you need a 20 million dollar mansion on a Lake to live the dream or anything, but I digress.
The kids had a blast, and I just kept praying that every time we turned the boat off, it would turn back on. It gave us a little trouble at the beginning and my brain couldn't quite stop thinking of horrible images of us getting stuck with three little kiddos out in the middle of Lake Washington. We would run out of water. They would get cold. They would get hungry. They would start whining while Jaron and I rowed the boat back in to the nearest shore. Why does my brain have to do that?
Well this Silver dream is no stingray, but it did the job and we happily made it all the way around Mercer island. And, when I wasn't worrying about us getting stuck, I really was enjoying myself. How could I not in such a beautiful Seattle day.
We ended the day off with a few burgers from 5 guys. Nothing ends a day quite like 5 Guys Burgers.
The kids were asleep before we could say uncle. That means it was a good day.
2 comments:
The first picture is my favorite - I absolutely love your family! What amazing parents you two make - and great memories for your kids.
Wish I could eat a burger that bites back like a 5 Guys burger... gotta "get myself some burgers and fries." I just couldn't resist. Sounds like a fun day, especially since you didn't get stuck.
Post a Comment