We had a great celebration this year. Simple and sweet. We didn't do a party this year, which was really nice for me, and Warner was just as happy playing Uno whilst drinking Martinelli's and eating cake with just us. He loved his presents this year. He got a boogie board, which he was so excited about. Soccer lessons, which will be starting in the middle of March, and a cowboy outfit.
I want to remember how Warner is right now. Here are a few things about Warner.
He loves soccer, or anything with a ball, but when I say love, I mean he will go outside with a ball, and three hours later I will wonder why Warner is so quiet, only to peek outside to discover he is still there, kicking that same ball.
He loves playing with Buster. The other day I guess Ruby had wapped Buster because I heard Warner lovingly say "Oh Wooby (he still can't quite make out the R sound) don't hit Busto, he is my bwutho".
He loves any time with Liv, but especially being silly with her, reading books with her, and having "sleep overs" on weekends with her. Which takes me back to the days when him and Liv shared a room. After Buster came along we moved Buster and Warner into the same room. And I remember on the second or third night Warner was being unusually grumpy and throwing tantrums, and then finally he ran into Liv's bed and said "I'm not sleeping with Busto. This is my bed and I'm sleeping with Wiv!" They really still are two peas and a pod. And Liv is still the number one on his favorite list. In fact, he informed me the other day how everyone was ranked. "Mom" he said "Liv is my favorite, then you, no actually wait not you, then Busto, no actually Wooby. Yea Wooby. Then Dad, then you, then Busto". It's cool. You know I just birthed you, grew you in my belly for 9 uncomfortable months, nursed you for a year plus, and pretty much am the sole provider and reason for your life, but it's cool I can hang out in your favorites at second to last! ;) Such is life.
If I were to describe Warner in three words it would be compassionate, enthusiastic, and sneaky. I know sneaky is probably not the nicest thing for me to say, I'm sure it will turn into a good quality one day, but he's always sneaking treats and hiding in his room. I wonder where he gets that from. . . hmmmm. Or he'll punch Buster crying, I can here Warner bribing him quietly with toys so that he'll stop crying, so Warner won't get caught. But he really is compassionate. He's always really effected when someone is sad and he truly wants to comfort them and help them. Even when he was the perpetrator.
Alright. So Happy Birthday to Warner. I sure love you.
1 comment:
Jess, I am glad you're still blogging! Thank you...and happy birthday to Warner!!! LOVE that boy!
Post a Comment