Friday, June 08, 2007

Quick Catch Up

I just wanted to write a quick post to catch you all up on the happenings at the top of the hill. Life has been a little hectic lately. First of all my mom flew home from her mission early to say goodbye to my dying grandma Hoopes. I was lucky enough to be there for that experience and I also got my chance to tell this great woman how much I loved and admired her. A few days after our little visit, while my mom was with her, grandma Hoopes passed away. It's sad to me to realize that I can't go visit Grandma Hoopes anymore and tell her what is going on in my life as she holds my hand and lovingly listens, but I'm so grateful that she is now in a painless and peaceful place.

It's been so great having my parents home. The house at the top of the hill has been full of my siblings and family which is always great.

Only a day after my dad got home Jaron and I moved our little wee one and ourselves up to Hobble creek to babysit my cousins three adventurous kids, while she and her husband escaped to Mexico for five days. They have an awesome home with a killer view, but I gotta say, we couldn't enjoy it much, as pretty much every second was spent looking after Everett, Porter, Alta, and Olivia. All of which are under the age of five. I won't go in to detail about our fun adventure up there, but I will say that I sure have a lot more respect for mothers of three or more out there! I don't know how you guys do it! Needless to say, Jaron and I might be waiting a while for number two.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay, a new post from Jess! You are a saint to watch someone's kids for them so they can go to Mexico! Don't worry about having number two - it's a lot different when the child is your own.

Judy said...

Hey Jess! Yes, it sounds like it's been crazy up there, but I'm jealous you get to hang out with everyone!! I just have to wait my turn...luckily just two more weeks to go!