Wednesday, August 06, 2008

What weve been up to lately. . .

This post is going to be a bit jabbery and un-oraganized just to warn you. That seems to be my mood of late.

A week after I got back from Utah, I flew to California for the weekend to attend my child-hood friend Laura's wedding.
Jaron was nice enough to keep Liv for me, and with the help of a good friend she was very well taken care of the whole time I was gone! It was so fun to see Laura. She looked so beautiful. And her reception was so pretty too. I was so glad that I got to be there for such an important day in her life! Maybe I'll post a picture or two when my mom sends me some from her camera (hint hint Mom). Don't worry, I did take my big camera all the way to California and then didn't take a single picture; not even of the beautiful beach that we went to! Why you ask? Because when you feeling like throwing up, taking pictures is the last thing on your mind. Which was pretty much how I felt the entire trip! :( I felt bad for Mom and Jen who had to put up with my lazy mood.

I was so happy to be back from my travels and just be able to enjoy the summer time in Seattle. I really love it here. It is so beautiful. Lately it has been perfectly cloudless and sunny with temperatures in between 75 and 80. Perfect.


Last weekend Jaron, Liv, and I decided to skip on over to Lake Washington to check out the Blue Angles air show!
It was so cool. We took our beach cruisers and the bike seat for Liv, and rode down to a perfect spot right on the lake. These huge jets looked so close to us as they zoomed right over our heads and up into the sky to go backwards, forwards, sideways, and all around the sky. I was afraid Liv would be afraid of the noise, as her current and biggest enemy in this world is our vacuum, but she absolutely loved it. She didn't take her eyes off of the big jets the whole time! And the best part about this wonderful activity? It was free!! Yay for free!!

So for those of you who like cooking:
When I got back from California I decided it was time for me to step it up a notch with my house wifey duties. I was excited to organize my house, get caught up on laundry, update our budget, and try some new recipes. So I decided to look up one of my favorite food blogs before I went to the grocery store. Here is what I came up with and ended up cooking last week:

Thursday- Asian Noodle Salad

Prep Time: Three Hours! I thought My hands were going to fall off after all that chopping. You have no idea how much I now despise the phrase: "Thinly chopped"!
Taste Factor: Very yummy. Jaron and I both give it a 10, but I will never make it again lest I desire a severe case of tendinitis.

Friday: Left over Asian Noodle Salad and Homemade zucchini Bread

Prep Time: 10 minutes plus baking time which was one hour.

Taste Factor: 10! I had never had zucchini bread before, but come to find out it is so moist and delicious. It was a major hit with Jaron. It think he ate half a loaf in ten minutes.


Sunday: Salmon Cakes with Lemon Aiolli

Prep Time:
About an hour.

Taste Factor: Oh I give it about an 8. It was pretty good, it just depends on if you like sea food.







Monday: Summer Pea Soup served with fresh Rhodes Rolls.

(This recipe actually came from Simply Recipes )

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Taste Factor: 9. This was so delicious and nutritious and easy. It was really yummy dipping the fresh Rhodes Rolls into it too.

Tuesday: Shredded Chicken smothered in barbecue sauce (Head Country Barbecue Sauce) served with fresh Rhodes Rolls and Couscous salad

Note: The chicken is just something I make not a recipe I looked up. :)


Prep Time For the Salad:
30 minutes.

Taste Factor: The salad I give an 8. It tasted great, but not as good as the Asian noodle, but it is so healthy with lots of veggies in it. And the barbecue chicken always gets a ten!

What's on the Menu for tonight you ask? Cereal and Toast. Real fancy. . .I'll let you know how we rate it. :)


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Jess, how long has your blog been so cutsie for? I guess reading posts in google reader you don't always get the full effect. But I clicked over and it looks so cute. And I love the little "junior" monitor. It's much cuter than the baby in the washing machine, I must say.

Love the recipe ideas. Please post more. I think it's time for me to do some major menu planning. That Thai salad looks yummm....