Thursday, October 27, 2011
The Primary Program
Dear Olivia,
I'm sorry the pictures of you are blurry, because they don't do any justice for how cute and nice you looked on Sunday. That's what I get for trying to take pictures as we are frantically heading out the door to try to be early to church.
Last Sunday, we had our primary program, which is by far, almost always, my favorite sunday of the year. Now that you are in primary, it is even more fun for me to anticipate and watch. Especially since you love to sing. And today in the program, I want you to know that you sang so beautifully. You worked hard to memorize the words to the songs, and you were fearless as your voice carried the beautiful messages in the primary songs high above the chapel walls.
You were quite a site to behold as you sang song after song so boldly and so courageously. You know just how to sing loud, but not shout. It amazes me how your little four year old body can produce such a huge sound. When the Br. Hinkley on the organ, and the congregation joined us to sing the third verse to Praise to the Man, we could still hear your voice, loud and clear, above the entire congregation, the organ, and the primary!
As your Dad and I watched you from the congregation our emotions teetered between tears and laughter. We felt so proud of you.
Many people came up to me after the primary program, just like they did last year, and said that they just loved listening to you. Many told me that you have natural talent and that I should encourage you to keep singing all the days of your life.
Some have asked me how it is that you have come to sing so well? You have always enjoyed learning the primary songs. And you worked on them everyday in the back of the van as we ran errands and you listened to the music, but you always did this on your own. Music is something you just love, and you are never afraid to share your talents. In fact, you really seem to love being in the spotlight.
Remember this video I posted when you were only 2 years old?
You have been singing ever since you discovered your voice. One of your favorite things to do get into one of your dress ups and clean things with wet wipes around the house as you sing all sorts of made up songs.
I want you to know that after the program was over, one our primary teachers came up to me and said "Jessica, that little girl of yours is going to do well in life", and it made me cry.
I love you Liv. I'm so grateful that you are so brave and fearless with the talents God has given you. Some days you are just down right stubborn and sassy with me, and it wears me out, but I think even those qualities will one day help you to be a good girl.
Keep on singing Liv.
Love,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We sure miss you guys. We love looking at your blog, a reminder of all the things we miss about Washington.
Post a Comment