Friday, February 17, 2012

Play Time

Olivia has been busy these days building and playing dress ups. She loves her multi-blocks that Jaron made her for Christmas this year. Thanks to our creative friend who came up with the idea of these blocks, and a lot, a lot, and some more lots of sanding and cutting and hard work on Jaron's part, these blocks have provided lots of fun in our household these days!

I did this post mostly to say that I'm so grateful I get to have Olivia home with me this year. I don't know if I ever posted it on the blog, but I decided after only one day of pre-school to pull her out for many different reasons.  I did have one panic moment the day after I had made that decision that "aaaaaggh" this means I will have three little one's at home with me for a full year. There are days that are a little stressful with three little one's at home, and goodness knows I am tired, but I really love what I do. I love that Liv is here at home, and that we can explore music, swimming, reading, art, cooking, amongst other things together. It has been a good year so far.  And I find myself feeling so happy that she has a November birthday.

Today in the car she said "Hey Mom. I figured something out! 2 plus 2 plus 2 equals" pause "SIX!". 

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is so cute and fun. I kept Kate home this year as well. She will go straight to kindergarten with no preschool but I am not worried one bit. Olivia has grown up so much in the last few months. Already she looks so much older than she did at Christmas.