 |
| | Buster, toddling all around at a Spooky Halloween story reading time at
the library. He was so fun to watch. He is at such a cute age. |
|
|
|
| | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
 |
| Can you find my little ninja in the crowd? |
 |
| Seriously, have you ever met a zebra this cute? |
 |
| Here is Liv, also known as Kenna, the superhero girl who "shoots fire balls, but only at bad guys, and also turns bad guys into water". And here's Warner, wearing a last minute borrowed outfit from a friend. He liked the ninja outfit a lot, the only problem is that he has never been introduced to the concept of a ninja, so he had no idea what he was. I tried to show him some ti quan do moves, but he was still a little confused. He kept saying to people "HI! I'm an injian. Wait. Mom what am I again?" Ha ha ha. Funny boy. |
All day I was sort of thinking about what a weird holiday Halloween is, but in the end we really had a lot of fun. The kids sure love it and it's so cool to be able to see the neighbors and meet new people and see faces behind all these houses that we drive by everyday. We really took our time chatting with people, because people just love seeing little kids, especially Buster who would toddle up after the kids and then just walk right through their doorways into the homes. "Don't mind if I do". People got a good kick out of that. We of course grabbed him before he intruded too far, but one old couple said "We really would love it if you just came in, we don't get to see babies very often". I think playing with a baby made their night. It was so fun to hear Warner and Liv just chat away to people about their whole life story. Whether they wanted to hear it or not Liv would say "I'm Kenna, a superhero. . . my class had a party today. . . yea. . . and I played in a recital this week" then Warner would chime in "Yea, and I'm an injian, and I was a baby once and was born in a hospital". Ok. Thanks for that kids, lets go to the next house, come on now. "Ok mom. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" they both yell to the stranger, or not so stranger any more, in the doorway. :)
It was fun, and luckily it didn't rain on us!
Here's one last picture of Liv holding up our giant carmel apple that we shared for family night last monday night. It was so yummy. We are going to have to make these more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment