Saturday, May 18, 2013

Just a typical Mother's Day Post


Mother's Day Breakfast:
-Omelets with grilled peppers, cut up steak bites, and cheese
-Waffles with fresh berries, homemade vanilla ice cream,  homemade buttermilk syrup and for some of us crazy folk even some chocolate covered blueberries just to show that we like to do things just like Will Farrow on Elf does around here. 
Clearly taste, and not health was the objective here.  It was wonderful. Jaron and the kids are great cooks. They got two thumbs up from me. The omelet was my favorite part. So good. 

This picture kind of makes me sick just to look at it, because of all the sugar involved, but it sure was good.


The Mother's Day loot.

I told Jaron on Saturday that I had already bought myself a mother's day present, i.e. a new trash can (sounds lame I know, but you've no idea how much my other trash can was hindering my happiness on an hourly basis). So, I said "seriously don't spend anything sweets". So J took the kids to Costco, that wonderful place, to pick out a treat and some flowers which was so sweet (yes this will be a run on sentence) because Warner kept saying "Mom I picked these out for you". The best part of the loot that I got to open on Sunday morning was the kids homemade gifts. Is there anything better than a homemade gift? Ok besides an iPhone.

 Here they are.

 See that big orange creature on the left? That's me, I was informed. See the little creature in the top right? That's a ghost. Warner's got a sick sort of fear/fascination with ghosts. And that bottom right little smiley man? Yup, that's Warner. When he handed it to me he said "Mom that's you as a giant". Awesome. So that's how you view me.
 And here's what was on the inside. Tenderly picked out prizes from their very own collections. It might not look like much, but to them it was a big sacrifice.

My attempt at getting a picture with all three of my kids. (Buster wasn't in the mood to humor me I guess). 


I'm so grateful to be a mother of three beautiful children. In November of this year we will be adding a fourth to our energetic posse.  It is so hard to believe that is me holding those children in the picture above, and that I'm going to be 30 this year and that I'm going to have 4 children by the end of the year. I look at that face and realize how inadequate I still feel. I keep wondering when I will stop feeling like I'm still a young 20 year old, and start feeling like an adult, but that day hasn't really happened yet, thankfully.

I know I'm late, but Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful wonderful Mom's in my life and out of my life. This world would not work with out you.

5 comments:

meg said...

that breakfast. nom nom nom.
You know, I was thinking--Warner did say, "that's you as a giant, mom!" so to me it seems like he pictured you as a giant version of yourself, probably so you could scare away the ghost, which is why is he happy.
?
or maybe not, but happy mother's day to you, my beautiful friend. You really do make it seem easy.

Megan said...

Congrats jess can't wait to you prego!

Rachael said...

The picture of Jarom at the top is the best! Its making me laugh - typical amazing dad holding down the reigns on an early Sunday morning without Mom :)

M said...

SQUEE! Congrats! I didn't expect that exciting announcement at the end of this post. What exciting news for you and your sweet family.

-Monica

Liz said...

Congrats!