Yesterday we needed a fun activity to do, because I knew we would be home all day. So I decided take a look in my art file and I pulled out this recipe for "Easiest Bread Dough" that I found in a toddler art book, that I had checked out from the library awhile ago.
My kids LOVED this fun and messy activity.
Warner and Liv both made their own dough with my help, and then after we waited for it to rise they got to mold it into fun shapes.
Here are their creations.
Easiest Bread Dough Recipe
Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 tsp sugar
1 tablespoon yeast
2 cup flour plus more for kneading the dough
1 tablespoon oil
1 tsp salt
Instructions:
*Mix water, sugar, and yeast in a bowl until yeast softens (2-3 min). Add 1 cup of flour and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon. Then beat the mixture until smooth and add oil and salt. Then add another cup of flour.
*Pour the thick batter onto a floured board and add more flour slowly while kneading the dough. (Children love this part) Keep a coating of flour on the dough to prevent sticking. Kead for about 5 minutes until the dough is smooth, elastic, and satiny. It should bounce back if a finger is poked into it.
*Put the dough in an oiled bowl and cover it. Place in a warm area and let the dough rise for about 45 minutes. then punch it down and work it into a smooth ball.
*Divide the dough into portions for the children to use.
*Preheat the oven to 400degrees
*Mold and shape the dough into sculptures or forms. Use various kitchen tools for modeling, such as plastic knives, forks, toothpicks, and bamboo skewers.
*Place each sculpture on a baking sheet.
*Bake for 15-20 minutes in the lower part of the oven. Large forms may take longer. Make until golden.
No comments:
Post a Comment