I got butterflies today. Giddy happy joyful butterflies.
Olivia learned how to swim. It has been a work in progress, but today with her teacher I watched as her little chubby belly peeked out above the water, chin up and back, each arm alternating up, back, and down. She glided along like a happy and peaceful little hippo, moving ever so smoothly atop the still water of the pool, without colapsing her float once, without any fear or panic. It was nothing short of a beautiful back stroke.
Joy I tell you. Pure Joy.
2 comments:
Ah...I know this moment. It is amazing. One of those great family milestones. I'm waiting for the bike one - where all my kids can go biking with me - with no training wheels. :)
Hurray for Liv! I wish we lived closer too. And I agree - I think Warner and Caleb would be good little friends! I can't tell you how much I miss our play groups and all the little parties we used to have. Oh, to be back in Seattle!
Post a Comment