Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm 9 Months Old

While my Mom turned her back to sneak some chocolate from the pantry, I decided to seize the moment and commandeer her blog for a little while to give you an update on yours truly, a.k.a Buster, a.k.a Bussie, a.k.a. Moose. 

Let me first say that this here little body is not so little anymore. I know because whenever Mom carries me anywhere in my carseat she stoops over like an old lady and gets out of breath really easily. And furthermore, she can't fit me in my car seat when I'm wearing my winter coat anymore. 

In other news, I sprouted two teeth awhile ago. I use them to eat food. They are great new tools. They especially work great on cheerios and star puffs.

Speaking of food. I LOVE it!  I love it so much in fact that when someone is eating something that I want I lunge for it and try to grab it as fast as I can. I'm fast. Some say I have cat like reflexes. And well, I actually I agree with them.  My favorite foods are sweet potatoes and bananas.  I don't like peas though. Yuck. They make me gag.
 
As for my activity level, well, up until about two weeks ago I got away with just sitting around. Literally that was all I did, was sit up. Well, and occasionally, fall over. I figured the less I moved the more others would have to do for me. Can you blame me?  After months of living the high life a.k.a. the lazy life, I decided a little independence didn't sound so bad, so I decided I would try  my luck at rolling over.  I found it works great and once I did it I just couldn't get enough of it.  However, I quickly found that I could only get to my toys by rolling if they were to the side of me. When a toy was just a few feet in front of  me rolling  was not getting me to my toy.  So, now I'm trying my luck at crawling, and I'm getting pretty close. I can lunge forward onto my hands and knees from a sitting position. Then I rock back and forth a little, until I give up and land on my belly, then I squeal and Mom rescues me. I'll keep trying.

As long as I am fed, I'm a pretty happy and content little kid. It makes me really happy when I see Mom coming to get me from my crib. I wiggle and squirm and try to lunge my stomach upward because I think it will get me into her arms faster.  I do the same thing when Dad gets home from work. Usually he comes in the garage door to find me on the floor just inside playing with my toys. I get a big smile on my face and my spine starts bobbing up and down because I'm so excited to see him that I just can't stay still. 

Mom and Dad both think that they are my favorite, but really the people who make me smile the biggest are my siblings. I am happiest when they are playing with me. Don't believe me? See for yourself.  


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Uh oh, gotta go, here she comes. 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Cutest.

Taryn said...

Oh Buster, you are such a sweetie. We just love you! Way to get moving, will you teach your cousin a thing or too.

Rachael said...

Love the joy!